Sidmouth Sea Fest returns to Sidmouth for its third year next month. This annual event celebrates the vibrant coastal community of Sidmouth and we are pleased to be sponsors this year.
This year’s Sea Fest will be taking place on The Ham, Sidmouth on Saturday 13th May from 10am until 4pm.
Throughout the day there will be a wide variety of free events, including:
- Cookery demonstrations
- Creativity on the Coast workshops – including Goyataku (Japanese fish rubbing and sea themed tile printing
- Guitars on The Ham
- Coastal Community Exhibition – promoting Sidmouth’s Coastal Heritage and its future
- Choir performances
- Coastal community groups – Jurassic Paddles, Sidmouth Gig Club, Sidmouth Sailing Club, Sidmouth Science Festival, Sidmouth in Bloom
- To celebrate Sea Fest we’ll have some seafood inspired specials available in our café-bar, Blinis.
The entertainment continues into the evening with a Sea Fest Variety Night, featuring the film premiere of “Working the Sea” – a film about Sidmouth’s fishing and coastal heritage by award-winning Butterfly Effect Films, as well as:
- “Creativity on the coast” – a short film by Sidmouth Coastal Community Hub
- “Jack Rattenbury of Beer” – a play for rascals and rogues by Sid Vale Productions
- Sidmouth Sea Fest Community Choir
- Live music from CaveMouth
Tickets for the evening event cost £10.
For more information on Sea Fest visit their Facebook page.